Hey Vancouver Tennis Center family,
As you may recall, we recently outlined our plans for a staged reopening of Vancouver Tennis Center on July 6. We’re beyond excited to announce that we’re ready to start Step One of our reopening on June 22, including court reservations and private lessons.
Why are we opening on this date? After careful consideration and reviewing safety protocols and PPE equipment status, we determined we’re running ahead of schedule and wanted to give ourselves a bit more time during Step One of our reopening plan to work out the kinks before we begin our summer camps and limited programming in July.
Additionally, our summarized Facility Safety Protocol procedures can be found here.
We have summarized our staggered reopening plan along with estimated start dates below.
Step One: We will start the limited reopening process with limited access to court reservations and private lessons.
- Start Date: June 22nd
- Hours of Operation:
- Mon – Thurs: 8am – 8pm
- Fri: 8am – 5pm
- Sat – Sun: 8am – 2pm
- Activities Available:
- Online court reservations for singles and doubles play.
- Private/semi-private lessons no more than 5 people per court.
- Summer Camp & Program Registration: Junior summer camps and adult programming will be made available at some point during this phase. We will notify you via email, our website and social platforms when registration opens.
Step Two: Once we feel comfortable with the activity of Step One, we will move into Step Two of reopening.
- Estimated Step Two Start Date: July 6th
- Activities/Programs added:
- Limited adult programming
- High School and Academy Camps
Step Three: Once we feel comfortable with the progress of Step Two, we will add the remainder of our youth summer camps programs for the final step of our staggered reopening process.
- Estimated Step Three Start Date: July 20th
- Activities/Programs added:
- Youth Summer Camp (Ages 8-13)
Safety remains a top priority for members and guests of Vancouver Tennis Center. Things may be a little different upon re-entering our facility since your last visit, such as:
- Required temperature checks for all members, guests and staff.
- Limiting group size for common areas and courts in accordance with local guidelines
- Requiring staff to wear face coverings.
- Requiring all members and guests wear protective face coverings at all times with the exception of when you are on court.
- Encouraging hand and respiratory hygiene, including the installation of hand sanitation kiosks throughout the facility, including court side.
- Implementing new protocols for intensified disinfection.
- Enforcing physical distancing strategies.
- We will no longer process cash transactions or issue paper receipts. Members are encouraged to place a payment card on file or pay for services prior to arriving at the facility. Payment for programs is easily accepted via the member portal, our app or over the phone prior to arrival.
- Each guest MUST check in, using the membership card provided or displayed on our app.
- At the end of each lesson/court reservations, players should exit the building as instructed by the signs posted on your court.
We recommend that you review the USTA Playing Tennis Safely recommendations as a way to further educate yourself on what you can return to playing tennis at Vancouver Tennis Center.
Here’s what we suggest to bring:
- Tennis Balls
- Water Bottle
- Cleansing Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer (will be provided as well)
- Face Covering
We appreciate your patience and dedication to our community, and we’re so excited to see everyone back on our courts!